Jakarta, INDONESIA - May 25th 2012: At the closing ceremony today of the 36th Annual Convention & Exhibition of the Indonesian Petroleum Association (IPA), the oil and gas industry expressed its appreciation for statements by the Minister for Energy and Mineral Resources that the Government of Indonesia and the petroleum should respect each other´s interests.
Elizabeth Proust, President, IPA, said: "We are pleased with the outcome of this convex, which has provided us with a valuable opportunity to make our voice heard, to listen to our main stakeholders and to share thoughts on how Government and industry can work together to meet Indonesia´s energy needs. We understand that time is of the essence, if we want to maintain the momentum provided by the Presidential instruction No.2 of 2012".
At the Convention, the oil and gas industry confirmed its readiness to invest in the Indonesian oil and gas sector, showing its commitment to helping the Government to achieve its oil production targets.
"To fully convey the findings of the various dialogues from the 36th Annual Convention, the IPA will prepare reports to be presented to his Excellency the Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Jero Wacik, along with a proposed plan of action for all stakeholders," said Ms. Proust.
The 36th IPA Convention and Exhibition featured 150 exhibiting companies and attracted over 8,000 visitors; including convention delegates, professional visitors and students. The 105 technical papers presented highlighted technical excellence and knowledge transfer among industry professional and students. The IPA recognised the outstanding papers and the most impressive booth, as well as the results of an amateur photography contest, in the awards announced during the closing ceremony.
"For this year�s convention, we were greatly honoured to have the presence of His Excellency, the Minister of Energy & Mineral Resources, Jero Wacik at the opening ceremony, along with Ibu Evita Legowo, Director General, MIGAS, and Bpk. R. Priyono, Chairman, BPMIGAS," said Ms. Proust.
"This 36th Annual Convention has been a landmark event for our organization, not just because of the attendance, which has broken records, but also because of the ground we have covered and the issues we have discussed," she added.
"The Empowerment Centre was a new feature of this year´s Convention, designed to showcase the efforts made by oil and gas companies to support the environments and communities where they operate. The Centre welcomed more than 1,200 visitors, not just from industry circles but also from high school and college students. Among the visitors was H.E. Jero Wacik and Ibu, who was impressed with the projects that were on display".
"We hope that all participants benefited from the many valuable outputs of the convention. We hope that the discussion had during the convention will inspire industry stakeholders, from government institutions, central and local government representatives, NGOs and communities, to the industry itself to continue their efforts to create a friendly investment environment that can further drive economic growth in Indonesia," said Ms. Proust.
"The IPA would like to once again thank all the contributors and attendees for the active participation that made the 36th IPA Annual Convention and Exhibition a success. We plan to make every effort to provide an outstanding event at the 37th IPA Convention and Exhibition," she said.
About the IPA:
- The Indonesian Petroleum Association (IPA) is a non-profit organization founded in 1971 which aims to bring the key players in the Indonesia´s upstream oil and gas industries together to promote partnership and communication within an industry that plays a vital role in Indonesia´s national development.
- The IPA represents almost the entire Upstream Oil and Gas sector in Indonesia through its 51 Company Members (Multinational and National Oil and Gas Company), 111 Associate Members and thousand of individual members.
- The IPA is a forum for its members and new investors to exchange news, views, concerns and ideas about the industry.
- The IPA also promotes education and knowledge transfer within the industry and with the wider community via courses, Field Trips, Workshops and the IPA Annual Convention.
About the IPA Convention and Exhibition:
- It is Indonesia´s premier event for the oil & gas industry, aimed at helping to promote and attract investments into Indonesia
- It is an Open-dialogue forum between the government and oil and gas industry players that is intended to address opportunities and challenges faced by the oil & gas industry and come up with the best solutions
- It showcases the latest technology and innovations within the industry
- It fosters education and knowledge transfer through interaction among participants, scientists, engineers, government officials, academics and other professionals
For more information, please contact:
Adelina Novianti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ferita Kanter at email@example.com
Publicity Committee - The 36th IPA Convention and Exhibition 2012
Or please visit our website: www.ipaconvex.com
Click here to read in Bahasa Indonesia